Tuesday, September 30, 2014
I cried my heart out and was affected for days as I read about the death of Professor Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter Book 6. Being a Harry Potter fan, I'm happy I am finally going to be able to watch this. I missed the previous sell out runs in Manila last 2012 and 2013. I'm glad they decided to come back...
Harry Potter fans in the Philippines, what are you waiting for? Let's watch =)
The unauthorized Harry Experience - A Parody by Dan and Jeff
Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium (RCBC Theater)
4th Floor, RCBC Plaza, Ayala Avenue corner Gil Puyat Avenue
10 Shows Only
September 30 - October 5, 2014
"PLAYING TO SOLD OUT HOUSES all over the world, the Olivier Award nominated POTTED POTTER – The Unauthorized Harry Experience – A Parody by Dan and Jeff takes on the ultimate challenge of condensing all seven Harry Potter books (and a real life game of Quidditch) into seventy hilarious minutes. Even if you don’t know the difference between a horcrux and a Hufflepuff, POTTED POTTER will make you roar with laughter.
Created by two-time Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, Potted Potter is perfect for ages six to Dumbledore (who is very old indeed)." -pottedpotter.com
To buy your tickets, please call TicketWorld at 891-9999 or log on to their website: ticketworld.com.ph
Thanks to my Math 1 classmate, Michael Mendoza, for buying our tickets and even sending them through email.
Here's a tip: If you're printing your ticket, you save P50 haha =)
Friday, November 22, 2013
Maxie the Musicale ("Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros") at the PETA Theater Center from November 9 - December 8, 2013
Maxie the Musicale
"Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros" (The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros)
PETA Theater Center
No.5 Eymard Drive, New Manila, Quezon City
Guys, I'm helping my badminton friend Homer Bulos sell his show. If you're free on November 23 (Saturday), 3:00 PM, and wanna watch this, please get in touch with Homer (+63)920-9209173 or (+63)917-6205329.
Ticket Prices: (Nov 23, 3:00 PM)
Tickets are also available here: SM Tickets (470-2222) and TicketWorld (891-9999)
Friday, October 4, 2013
Hey guys! Here is an interesting take on William Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice." It's set during the Holocaust, the time when Nazis were terrorizing Abraham's children, plus Antonio is portrayed as a homosexual. The first few minutes of the play, already brought tears to my eyes. All the actors are superb! My personal favorites are Portia (Regina de Vera how can you memorize all those complicated lines? Bilib!), Antonio (Marco Viana I feel your pain) and Shylock's youngest daughter (you have a bright future in theater dear Trixie Esteban =) I just wish the dialogues used easy to understand Filipino words. Nosebleed ako!
I watched "Der Kaufmann" on opening night, thanks to Lorelei Celestino, marketing and sales associate of Tanghalang Pilipino =) Terno pa kami ng suot, mukhang sasayaw hehe =) (Translation: Our clothes match in color, looks like we're going to perform a dance number =)
The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) and
Tanghalang Pilipino (TP) present...
Der Kaufmann ("The Merchant")
The Merchant of Venice
Ang Negosyante ng Venecia
Tanghalang Huseng Batute (CCP Studio Theater)
September 27 - October 13, 2013
About the Show: (Source: TicketWorld)
Directed by Rody Vera and Tuxqs Rutaquio
Written by renowned English poet and playwright William Shakespeare, the Merchant of Venice is often considered as a romantic comedy in Shakespeare’s compilation of plays known as the “First Folio,” but has been more regarded for its dramatic take on religion and mercy.
The play is about a bitter and detested Jewish moneylender who seeks revenge against a Christian merchant who has defaulted on a loan. TP’s version will be a departure from the usual interpretation. A play within a play, it will be set at the time of the Holocaust, with Nazis directing the Jewish “actors” and will underscore the dehumanizing effect of racism and intolerance. In this adaption, the viewers will choose between love for a friend and love for money.
This innovative take on Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice, as translated by National Artist Rolando Tinio, will showcase Rody Vera’s adaptation and direction and TJ Ramos’ sound design.
Show Dates: (Note: Information may change without prior notice)
27 (Friday) 8:00 PM
28 (Saturday) 3:00 PM
29 (Sunday) 3:00 PM
3 (Thursday) 8:00 PM
4 (Friday) 10:00 AM & 3:00 PM
5 (Saturday) 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM & 8:00 PM
6 (Sunday) 3:00 PM
10 (Thursday) 8:00 PM
11 (Friday) 10:00 AM & 3:00 PM
12 (Saturday) 3:00 PM & 8:00 PM
13 (Sunday) 3:00 PM
Ticket Prices: (Free Seating)
50% Off* for Students
20% Off* for Senior Citizens, Government Employees & Persons with Disabilities
* Not available on internet purchase.
* Present ID upon purchasing over the counter.
* Show ID upon entering the show venue.
For more info and to buy your tickets, please call (63-2)891-9999 or log on to TicketWorld.
You may also call Cherrybong at (+63)917-7500107 or
Lei or Enzo at (63-2)832-1125 local 1620 or 1621
Lei at (+63)915-6072275 or (+63)908-8941384
Thursday, September 5, 2013
I'm so excited! I'm gonna watch this tomorrow with my friends. Lord of the Rings, Philippine version, here we come =)
IBALONG, THE MUSICAL
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
We are all American Idol fans in the family so of course we'll be there...
Let's get Loud! Dance Again... On the Floor... Waiting for Tonight! =)
JLo Dance Again World Tour
Mall Of Asia (MOA) Arena
November 26, 2012 (Monday)
VIP (Reserved Seats) Php 25,840
Patron (Reserved Seats) Php 18,610
Lower Box A (Reserved Seats) Php 18,610
Patron (Standing) Php 15,510
Lower Box B (Reserved Seats) Php 15,510
Patron Sides (108/115) (Reserved Seats) Php 13,960
Lower Box C (Reserved Seats) Php 10,340
Lower Box Sides (208/215) (Reserved Seats) Php 7,760
Upper Box (Reserved Seats) Php 7,760
Upper Box Sides (408/415) (Reserved Seats) Php 5,820
General Admission (Reserved Seats) Php 2,590
For more info and to buy your tickets, please CLICK HERE.
SM Tickets: (63-2)470-2222
Friday, October 5, 2012
Atlantis Productions presents...
Be Italian. Winner of 5 Tony Awards including Best Musical
Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium
(4th Floor, RCBC Plaza, Ayala Ave. cor. Gil Puyat Ave. Makati City)
Schedule of Shows
2:00 PM (+63)908-3768088
8:00 PM TicketWorld
3:00 PM TicketWorld
P1,700.00 Orchestra Center
P1,600.00 Orchestra Side
P900.00 Loge, Last Row
About the Show:
With a book by Arthur Kopit, music and lyrics by Maury Yeston. The story is based on Federico Fellini’s semi-autobiographical film 8 ½. It focuses on film director Guido Contini, savoring his most recent (and greatest) success but dreading his imminent 40th birthday and a midlife crisis blocking his creative impulses and entangling him in a web of romantic difficulties in early 1960s Venice. The original Broadway production opened in 1982 and ran for 729 performances, starring Raul Julia. The musical won five Tony Awards, including best musical, and has enjoyed a number of revivals.
The revival opened April 10, 2003 and won two Tony Awards, including best revival. The cast included Antonio Banderas as Guido, (Tony Award nominee), Maru Stuart Masterson as Luisa (Tony Award nominee), Chita Rivera as Liliane, Jane Krakowski as Carla (winning the Tony), Laura Benanti as Claudia, and Mary Beth Peil as Guido’s mother.
In the Manila Production, Jett Pangan stars as Italian filmmaker Guido Contini with an all-star cast of women.
Tony Award winning scenic designer, David Gallo joins the creative team. He has previously worked with Bobby Garcia on the Asian Touring production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. Costumes will be designed by New York-based Filipino Fashion Designer, Robin Tomas.
Check out the Powerhouse Cast of "Nine"... (from theaterati)
- Ima Castro - Vocal Powerhouse. She was last seen in Atlantis’ In the Heights but of course, the show that really solidified her status as a leading lady of Philippine theater after being gone for so long was Aida. She now plays Sarraghina, the prostitute who teaches a young Guido Contini the ways of the world.
- Jay Glorioso - Theater legend. She was last seen as Abuela Claudia in “In the Heights” and then before that, as Madame Armfeldt in “A Little Night Music.” Tita Jay (as she is fondly called) is the recipient of the Aliw Award for Best Supporting Actress for both shows. Here she plays Guido’s mother.
- Eula Valdez - Madame Claudia. Sure you can say that she played the fabulous Zsazsa Zaturnnah in Tanghalang Pilipino’s triumphant theatrical run. But we will forever remember, of course, as Amor Powers, Madame Claudia’s nemesis in Pangako Sa ‘Yo. Funnily, she plays the role of Claudia Nardi, film star and muse to Guido Contini in this show.
- Menchu Lauchengo Yulo - The first lady of musical theater. Menchu reunites with Jett Pangan after sharing the stage together in Next to Normal and directing him in Jekyll & Hyde. Here she will play Jett’s devoted wife, Luisa Contini.
- Jett Pangan - Rock star and Musical Theater Favorite. Jett Pangan was last seen in Atlantis’ Rock of Ages, and he is of course a member of The Dawn. He will be playing the role of Guido Contini which was played in the film by Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Carla Guevara-Laforteza - One of Manila’s premiere leading leading ladies. She last played Lucy in You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown, and Olive in Atlantis’ Spelling Bee. Incidentally, she will be playing Carla Albanese, Guido’s mistress.
- Yanah Laurel - Musical Theater’s up and coming “It Girl.” Yanah last appeared on the Atlantis stage in The Little Mermaid. In Nine, she plays Stephanie Necrophorus, film critic-turned-assistant to Liliane Le Fleur.
- Cherie Gil - Multi-awarded film, TV and stage icon. Cherie Gil returns to the stage as film producer Liliane Le Fleur who sings the showstopping Follies Bergeres. She was last seen in POC’s Master Class.
- Sitti Navarro - Bossa Nova Sensation. She last appeared onstage in Atlantis’ Spring Awakening. She will be playing Lady of the Spa, who narrates Guido’s journey in Europe’s most luxurious where he is hiding from the world.
For more info and to buy your tickets, please contact:
Atlantis Productions: (63-2) 892-7078; Telefax: (63-2) 840-1187
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Eugene Domingo in...
PETA Theater Center
No.5 Eymard Drive, New Manila, Quezon City
8:00 PM (+63)917-8860430 Erimar
3:00 PM (+63)917-8938426 Vian
8:00 PM (+63)915-2491988 Mia
3:00 PM (+63)908-3768088 Hazel
8:00 PM (+63)917-5064517 Alison
Ticket Prices (September 30, Sunday, 3:00 PM Show)
About the Show: